Sunday, November 9, 2008

Glowing

My most recent posts have been me sharing the truths that I have learned in order to help me not only wait through this process but wait "well."I can't tell you how many times I would log on to read my own post in order to re-remind myself the very truths that I posted. So often my head knows it but my heart takes a lot of reminding. After reading the beautiful story of one family who recently walked the road I so desperately want to walk. I broke down. Not in a hopeless desperate way but in a way that was acknowledging to God that I am getting ready for my turn. See the issue is I haven't let myself get excited. I haven't let myself grow in anticipation and "imagine" what it will be like to have him home. I have been guarding my heart to closely. Well recently I began to realize that waiting well doesn't have anything to do with shutting off all emotion. Sure I haven't been hurting but I have not been excited either. Well God recently began to convict my heart that I need to let myself be excited too. Part of trusting God to help me wait is trusting him that he will be there to pick up the pieces if I get disappointed. I don't know how to do this waiting thing. It has been such a calming learning experience for me. I was looking up scripture last night to help me with this time of waiting and what it means to wait the way that God designed. I found this scripture Romans 8:22-27. God answered my questions on whether or not it was appropriate for me to be getting excited.
I wanted to write all of this because I wanted to officially announce that I am going to let myself glow. I am ready to get excited about bringing home my baby boy.
Please be praying for us as we believe our court date is sometime next week. Please pray that God would work in a mighty way, and that we could pass and bring Liam home.
Thanks
Bethany

3 comments:

Leann said...

Will be praying for good news for you this week!!

Melissa said...

I think I can see the reflection of your glow all the way over here in Virginia!

Way to go, B! So impressed with your ability to stan up an take on the unknown is such a positive and inspirational way.

xxoo

Our journey said...

I am so glad you decided to let yourself glow. Like I said the other day, I truly felt God telling me I was missing out on the experience if I didn't let myself rejoice. HE wants us to be happy. HE is giving us an incredible gift. HE will be there whether we are rejoicing or sad.