So I should be napping. But instead here I sit because everytime I lay my "exhausted" head down I begin to play a little game with myself. It's called the WHAT IF game and it totally SUCKS!
What if we passed and they are trying to figure out embassy appointments
What if we didn't pass and they are trying to find out our rescheduled dates
What if he is home by Christmas
What if he isn't
What if our rescheduled dates leave us traveling in 3 months
What if we travel in 3 weeks
What if I get a phone call with good news
What if I get an e-mail with bad news.
What if I break down and call Christy
What if they know something and they are just waiting to tell me
What if they don't know yet
What if they do
What if I never sleep again
What if I get to travel with 2 other families that we have gotten so close to
What if I travel with 19 strangers
What if I pass and no one else did
What if I don't pass and everyone else did
What if I pack my suit case
What if I don't
What if I travel and I can't get my second round of Hep. shots or yellow fever
What if I just don't get them and we land in Uganda and they won't let me in the country
What if I have a horrible reaction to the yellow fever shot
What if I have plenty of time to get shots because we aren't traveling for 2 more months
What if I get called today
What if I don't
This is just a little sample. I wouldn't want to bore you with my insanity.
I do want to follow this whole mad rambling with a verse. Maybe it's hypocritical but I believe God asks us to continually cast our cares on him and he also tells us we must take up our cross daily. So please know that when I tell you the verse I am trying my best to live it out.
Psalm 40:1-3
I waited patiently for the Lord, he inclined and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire, he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.
I just have to point out that although David is waiting patiently he is still crying out! So I can patiently wait for God and still cry out for give me a new song. Until then I will do like the praise song states and ask "How long to sing this song."
4 comments:
I really really want you to hear something today! I feel so bad for you and Kami and Melissa. A miserable form of torture! You are right about David - it is ok to cry out and plead while still trusting and waiting. Hang in there. You are so close to knowing at least half of your answers to the what if game.
Today is the day...at least I am praying you don't have to wa
it a minute longer.
Bethany...I so feel you...I think this part of the wait is definitely the hardest...and like you said in your last post...almost unbearable. I have been having the same experience as you with all of the what ifs...and God has showed me the same thing to...trust in the Lord AND pour out your heart before Him...I am praying for you!!!!!
opps...forgot to sign my name...Shannon :)
Post a Comment