The unfolding of God’s plan for creation and his kingdom has been and still is full of waiting. In fact God seems to want it that way – he wants us to reap the benefits that come from waiting. God knows that waiting, waiting on Him, can draw us closer to him and can help us rely on him in new ways. Maintaining our hope in God’s promises, while we wait, can build our character, if we let it.
Isaiah 40:31 promises, “Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
So, we will actually be better, stronger, more alive people when our waiting time is focused on our hope in God. Romans 5:2-6 further encourages us to see that our waiting in hope brings glory to God. (read passage) You see, waiting is not just what we do until God puts his plan into motion, our waiting is an integral part of God’s superior plan. It is a method for growing us into the people he wants us to be – full of hope, perseverance and character.
This is an excerpt taken from a devotional that a friend read at my baby shower a few weeks ago. AMAZING TRUTH!!!
7 comments:
Well said, I liked it just as well the second time. Praying through your wait.
Sharon
Oh I love the last part...our waiting is an integral part of God’s superior plan. I will hold onto that.
Oh did I need that. Thank you.
Wow! That was awesome! I also love the part about our waiting being an integral part of God's superior plan! Thanks for sharing those awesome words.
Teri
Wow! You really have an amazing an ispirational way about you--I am so fortunate to call you my friend!
I'm sure my wait will become very hard after my referral, but right now, it seems so far off and I'm focusing on all my little ones and it helps...Great post, kristi
Well, we haven't gotten our official #'s yet, but I'm pretty sure that we are still #6 and #9 seeing as nobody else has gotten a referral. I'm NOT good at waiting!!
Post a Comment