Often Wes and I will have a conversation that is totally normal and suddenly takes a turn for well, let's just say we will often "switch to pretend" and I have no idea. Well I usually catch on pretty quick:)
Wesley and I were having breakfast out on the deck. Here is the conversation that followed.
W: Mom it's a beautiful day.
Me: It really is...what do you think we will do today?
W: Well I have 16 sons and 7 no 17 daughters.
Me: Wow that's a lot
W: Yeah they help make dinner.
Me (thinking he is on to something): That is a good thing. Who is your wife?
W (slapping his head out of exasperation): Ughh I always forget, like who she is, but when she is around I can remember her. But then she leaves and I forget who she is.
M(holding in a giggle): Dude you are so cute...come give mommy a kiss.
W (reluctantly giving me a kiss): Fine now you can be my wife. But we will have to do something about Daddy.
M (all out giggling): We sure will huh...!
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Now we really don't use profanities in our house. Seriously, okay sometimes I think them but we really try not to even say things like gosh and shut up and stuff like that. I just wanted you to keep that in mind before you read on.
I was having the boys try on shoes at a store. I was actually trying to find some cheap water shoes for the beach. Anyway, I had already tried some on Liam and well he wasn't handling my diversion of attention onto Wesley. So I handed him some FLIP FLOPS. They were clean and I thought he could be play with them as he loves Loves Them.
Me: Here Liam here is some flip flops
Liam (playing happily at first)(he then threw them on the ground and what came out of his mouth next shocked me.) Momma my F$%# flop.
Me(looking up in shock): Your what?
Liam: Momma f#$% flop, f#$% flop, f#$% flop
Now of course Liam is not actually saying a bad word, as he doesn't know any, and maybe because I knew that, it made this situation even funnier. Not that potty words are funny but seriously he kept saying it louder and louder and getting more and more frantic. I just couldn't stop laughing. I eventually had the ability to say yes Liam your flip flop...
Anyway it was funny in a shocking please dear God don't let Wesley guess what brother is saying (a game we often play:)kinda way.
2 comments:
LOL But of course Liam would start screaming it, Ash would too. Those Ethiopian boys like to hear themselves.
Thanks for the regular doses of comic relief! It makes the day go so much better!
Post a Comment