Thursday, June 17, 2010

I get to start over

I have to start off with the statement that "the crap hit the fan last night." What was the straw that broke the camels back? (Ironic with metaphorical phrases since I learned last semester people use them to avoid the language that truly describes their feelings.)ANYWAY... The straw that broke my back, as I feel I must be the camel, was discovering ring worm on Wesley's head. Yes indeed. WE have been fighting the fungus(yes it is a fungus and not an actual worm) we have been fighting the fungus ever since august or october or something. The interesting fact is that when I look back at pictures of Liam when we first brought him home I can see the ring worm rash on his face. So for any of you who just brought little ones home, or if you have been home for awhile, and you have notice tiny little bumps in a cluster the size of a pencil top, it could be ring worm. Well it has gone from person to person for the last, what feels like million years. We finally made the choice to put Liam on the oral stuff to see if it gets rid of it. Well 1 day later we find it one Wes's head and I couldn't take it. I was just exhausted. Tired of ring worm, tired of school, tired of missing my kids, tired of schedules that I seem to be the only one rearranging, tired of being tired, tired of failing, and tired of feeling like I have no idea what is wrong with me (yes I got results back I will mention those in a bit.) So I started sobbing I mean the blubbering kind of sob, like Dianne keaton in As Good as it Gets. If you haven't seen it you must rent it. Anyway Aaron was awesome as always and just did a good job of listening. Listening and comforting. Well then during my group counseling class I played the stereotypical group member who was supposed to cry. Although I felt very cried out I pretended to sob for the next hour and a half. Needless to say I came home exhausted and with a bear of headache.
So I found out the results of my CT scan. The doctor said the results didn't show why there is swelling at the base of the neck. My conversation with the nurse went something like this...
Nurse: the results showed the neck was clear.
Me: Wow that is really good news but kinda frustrating because I am back at square one.
Nurse: Yeah the doctor has written that you can definitely see the swelling and that it is definitely coming from somewhere. But that an MRI would be a better test.
Me: An MRI then why did we do a CT
Nurse: because ENT's often do CT scans so they show better pictures of the sinuses and such.
Me: So they show my sinuses(I feel mine are in really bad shape)
Nurse: No we just took a picture of your neck.
Me: Weird
Nurse: Yeah the ENT wants you to see an orthopedic surgeon and he will probably order an MRI.
Me: great a get to start all over again.
So there it is. There is my results!

2 comments:

Jenny R said...

I know what you're saying about ring worm.. It's awful, we've had it since June.. It was gone for months until last week when Biruktawit had surgery.. There was nothing until she woke up, then right on her arm.. and then a couple days later my ear.. Eww..

Sorry to hear about your tests. That sounds miserable and stressful. We'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

That stinks! Well, this time around they will hopefully be able to se what the problem is. When are you scheduled for the MRI? I'm still praying for you Bethany. I hope that you are able to enjoy your weekend and get some rest.