Thursday, June 3, 2010

New Dr. Visit

I will post more pictures from the swingset building, but here are a couple to help build the anticipation. Then I will also post about Liam's birthday and some pictures. Maybe even a video.
So I had an appointment with another ENT. This appointment went much better then the first one. He still didn't know what is wrong. He did say I can't say yes this is cancer because I can't feel a hard mass. I kinda thought woe who said anything about cancer? I kinda stopped that train of thought a few days after the swelling first showed up. At the time though I was just having the spot checked out, I wasn't experiencing any pain. Now 2 months later I am having pain and as of 3 weeks ago fatigue like I have never felt before. No that's not true, I felt fatigue like this but I was pregnant. I'm not pregnant. It sucks. Sometimes I am so tired it takes everything I have just to have a conversation. Other times I pull it together and do housework play with the boys etc. I can count on the next day being totally wiped out.
So when the doctor looked at me first thing out of his mouth was "It's definitely swollen." It's being caused by something...we just have to find out what." I was so surprised. This was a very different approach then the you have something found in large, elderly people and lets watch it for the next 3 months. Then he went on to say that we would need to do a CT scan. If the CT scan showed something we would have to do what is called an ultra sound biopsy. Yeah apparently that means while they use an ultra sound machine they then stick a needle in my neck and suck stuff out to have it biopsied. Here is how that conversation went:
Doctor: so if the CT scan shows something we will need to do an ultra sound biopsy since it is underneath your muscle. That is the down side of this not being at the surface." (as if there is an upside?)
Me: So they would need to sedate me for that right?
Doctor(looking kinda confused): No it's just like a bad blood draw.
Me: Okay so they pretty much strap my head and body down so I can't move while they do it?
Doctor(looking really confused): No they pretty much expect...
Me(interrupting and laughing because I know myself and I know they are going to wish they had sedated me and strapped me down): No they pretty much just expect me to act like an adult and lay still."
Hehe fat chance...
While my CT scan is next friday. I have to drive to the appointment and it looks like it might be by myself. I heard the CT is no big deal so I should be fine. I just hate driving that far and being so tired.
Thanks for the prayers.

No comments: