We started this journey as a family going from 3 members to 5. On December 12th we brought home our precious second son. Making us a family of 4. We'll see how and when God choses us to become 5.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
"Pregnant"
So I have decided that I am about 4 months "Pregant." give or take a month. No we are not finding out what we are going to have until about hmmm....maybe the 5th or 6th month. So are any of you sitting there with your mouth gaping open? Well I have decided I am going to start putting the adoption into pregnancy perspective because I get to justify so many more things. Here they are in no particular order...
1). I can start picking up super cute clothes for our little one. Guessing the age, size and gender is actually kinda fun (for now!).
2.) We are rearranging so that we can get used to the new setup. We are moving the crib from George's room into ours so that He and We can get used to seeing it in there!
3.) I can obsessively think about names. (I am pretty settled).
4.)I can start making lists from other people's bloggs who just traveled so that I can be ready to pack and travel! (I had a bag packed for the hospital when I was like 7 mo preg....You know just in case:)
5.)We can start collecting and setting aside donations!
6.) We can start setting aside diapers. When I was pregnant with curious george we started buying diapers, a bag a week so that we had them saved up when he came home. It was a huge life saver and it helped financially when we were needing to buy other things (like a $250 breast pump.)
7.) Food cravings, sleepyness, and being cranky. I think I can justify these....?
Well I was hoping to accomplish putting this whole waiting thing into more "exciting" terms. It is exciting when people are pregnant because you count down with them. I feel like every time someone talks to me I am counting up.
Interested by stander: "so how much longer do you think?"
Me: " Oh this is a really quick program so I am thinking probably a little over a yearish..(me last may).
Interested by stander (last fall): "So do you have a referral how much longer do you think?"
Me (smiling politely): No we should probably be done and have our referral by the middle to end of the spring.
Interested by stander (Last spring): "So do you know how much longer"
Me(looking desperate): "Nope we still don't know probably sometime this summer, we're praying we can TRAVEL before the court closes in Aug."
Interested by stander (This summer): So are you going to get to travel before the courts close?"
Me: " No we would need a referral before we travel...Probably 6 more months."
So I give it to you in this way for 2 reasons: 1. The interested by stander is trying to be excited and encouraging by keeping up with our process.
The second reason is it shows how I am having to tell them more and more and more time.
Doesn't it just sound nicer to say I am about 4 months along in our adoption pregnancy...We will soon find out the sex (1-2 months) We are looking at delivering in Ethiopia sometime in January...
Doesn't that just sound hopeful and exciting? Well the count down is on and the diaper buying will help me! (Wow I never thought I would say buying diapers would "help me" I remember counting down to not need to buy them anymore. Weird)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thanks for posting about the juice! It is awesome...I'd love to talk more about it if you want to email me at outdrsypcle@gmail.com we can exchange phone numbers. It would be fun to chat with another adoptive mom anyway. I hope your "Pregnancy" is going well ;)
Yes, my mouth was one of them gaping open!!!! But I love that you are relating it to a pregnancy. That helps grandmas have excuses to buy stuff too! Thanks for sharing from your heart!
Uma Teri
Love the post. I think I will say I am 4 months pregnant too. I think each month along will probably be two calendar months though!
A
Love it. I have to say, I've been using the "I am eating for two" statement for some time now.
Melissa (Va.)
Haha. I love it. I signed up online for pampers and enfamil so I could start getting coupons. Of course adoption wasn't an option so I picked a "due date" of November 30th. I may be way off but as of last month I thought that was a good guess. The court closure might cause some "complications" which cause delivery to be later than originally anticipated. Thanks again for the diaper tip!
Autumn
Post a Comment