We started this journey as a family going from 3 members to 5. On December 12th we brought home our precious second son. Making us a family of 4. We'll see how and when God choses us to become 5.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Guarding our hearts for 6 more months
I talked to AGCI today. We confirmed parameters once again, then we went over the new changes (nothing to write home about). Then I asked the question....I don't remember specifically what the question was but I do know that Yes referrals do slow down during court closure (way down). Yes the first group to travel last year was after thanksgiving(those families had referrals given in the summer and then waited until Nov. (YIKES!) So we could look at traveling Jan. or Feb. sooooo 2009. I am doing well right now. It's all in God's timing! I guess I am more in a state of yeah I figured. Lately it hasn't all felt very real. I think it has been good though because I feel like God is really guarding my heart. I think it is going to really start to hurt come Oct. when the courts open back up. Well please continue to pray for us we could have a lot longer to go:(
I also want to mention another day of prayer and fasting. This time we are praying and fasting for a Mom on the list serve who just found out her Mom has uteran cancer. I will also challenge others on this day to pray and fast for little Abbey who has at least a 2 year battle with leukemia ahead of her.
Thanks for joining me!
Bethany
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is much easier for me to think 2009 and then I will be pleasantly suprised if it comes any sooner. I have armored my heart for the long haul!
Amy
Bethany, it was so nice to meet you this past weekend! The wait can be hard but it gives you still more time to spend this last year as a family with one sweet little blonde guy! The time will fly by and you'll have so much to look forward too after all the holidays pass! And it'll be so much calmer to bring your little angel home too. All the hustle and bustle will have passed and this is a very good thing for our newly adopted children!
Smiles,
jen in MI
Post a Comment