We started this journey as a family going from 3 members to 5. On December 12th we brought home our precious second son. Making us a family of 4. We'll see how and when God choses us to become 5.
Friday, July 4, 2008
a hard decision
We have our new numbers and we are moving, We feel at a very fast pace(totally excellent). Through some amazing circumstances God has really brought some much needed conversations into the Rye home. Over the last 48 hours Aaron and I have been really asking eachother some hard stuff. Really long personal story short we have come to a hard but good place. We have decided to take ourselves off of the sibling list. I know this will come as a shock to many because we really felt God was leading us in this direction. One thing I began to ask myself is if I could physically do it. Not emotionally (which would also be difficult) but physically. Could I physically handle carrying 3 children around at different times throughout the day. The answer for me is no. We knew it would be hard but I guess moving closer and closer to our "due date" has helped us realize that we need to be asking ourselves the really hard questions now. We want our "ultrasound" moment to be nothing but excitement. We are so excited to meet the newest member of the Rye family!
Thanks be to God for blessing us in this journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow. WHat a hard thing to decide. But it is amazing to see how this process is growing you and Aaron. Love you guys.
God rewards the faith; your faithfulness is showing by allowing God to talk to you and you listening. I think it is a great idea to bring home one baby and just embracing that time of really enjoying your first baby!! Can't wait to hear, boy or girl? Blessings to you!
Hey friend, Even though I'm surprised at your news, I'm so relieved to see how God is moving and how you are sensitive to His best plans for you. I know that sense of peace as God refines your "parameters" and I can't wait to hear all about and see the newest little person in your house.
Sharon
Post a Comment