Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fat cat

This is our overweight cat. His name is Romeo and he definitely lives up to his name as he is very lovable. That was of course before his diet. When Romeo was a very tiny kitten (yes he was small once) he developed some sort of an allergy we will call it feline asthma. Now when Romeo gets this "asthma" he has to get a steroid shot. We need to do this about twice a year. Well our vet informed us once again that with this shot he will run the risk of getting feline diabetes. She said that his weight problem could make this more likely. Then she used the O word. She called him Obese. Well this really hurt Romeo. He has always felt more like a small dog than a cat and to call him obese was a real reality check. Well when we got home we put him on a strict diet. He still eats the same food he loves just half the amount. This means his bowl is often empty. He is angry with us! Which for Romeo means the silent treatment. Even when I went to pet him just now he licked the spot where I touched him, as if to say "don't give me your pity pats." Well all we have to do is get him down to 15 lbs. and we can put his food back to "normal."
I am sure you are guessing by now there is absolutely NOTHING going on here but waiting....Oh I should post pictures of the crib in our room, but I really want to get the bedding first, so you'll have to settle with pictures of our fat Romeo.
I do have a curious George story...
The other night he had been talking in his bed for about 1 hour so I went in to settle him and say it was time to be quite. When in I went in there this was our conversation....
Me: Curious it's time to go to bed
Curious: Jesus died on the cross
Me (startled and rather impressed): Yes he did he died for our sins so that he would raise again and live in our hearts.
Curious (literally starting to fall asleep, and oblivious to my response): I died on the cross for God so that I could sing to him.......
I had nothing to say..what theology is that? and where would I have taken it? Well I didn't need to think for long because the silence was soon filled with him singing (very sleepily) "At the Cross." The scene that played out before me was super cute and very humerous...I wonder what had been going through his precious little mind?
I will just let the Holy spirit work that one out.....;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Romeo, so very fat. Remember when he was little and would pounce on your head when you were trying to sleep. Just think about if he tried doing that now...keep at the diet little buddy just a few/several pounds to go.

Outdrsycple said...

The last two post were very nice and light hearted. It is refreshing to have this durring the wait. The cat story is really funny, and I love the sweet little story about your son. My daughter is 27 months old and is starting to have some sweet moments like that. Once at the park she was swinging on my lap and looked to the person swining beside us and said "my mom is a nice mom, yeah she's a really good mom" It was so touching. On a different note, yeah for movement on the list this week uh?

Murphy Momma said...

Hey you! You've been busy here and I'm getting caught up. I love to hear what is going through that quirky mind of yours. :) You're too funny (and I'm dying to know the name now) And I can just hear Curious saying those sweet words so matter of fact.
Sharon