Today was one of those days when you feel like you can't do anything right in the eyes of your infant. You know the one that is supposedly looking to you to "fix it.." Although Liam is full of fun and I love him more than life itself he can also be quite a challenge. He is my little drama king. I love it...Most of the time but sometimes it can wear on me. Seriously I joke that he is 10 months going on 2....
Anyways On to my picture explanation. Liam had just flung himself on the floor and was throwing a fit when I scooped him up and started to sing you are my sunshine....you know the one, "you make me happy when skies are grey etc. Well I realized I didn't really feel the song was very fitting in the moment so I instead began to sing "you are my rain cloud my only rain cloud you make me grow so when you throw fits."
I know I should totally be song writer. Seriously though I love my little rain cloud. It's okay that he is my rain cloud. We so often think of rain clouds in a negative light. I know that when I see it is going to rain I feel gloomy or even pout. When I think about it though these feelings are pretty selfishly motivated. I mean, I don't like a rain cloud because why? Because I can't be outside...Because it won't be as warm as I like, Because I don't get the sunshine, Because it is dark....You get the idea. I mean really rain clouds have gotten a bad rap.
After giving this more thought I realized how God uses rain clouds to bring much needed rain to help things grow. Recently we have had a down pour of rain. I mean buckets and buckets. So much the ground is having a hard time absorbing it all. Man when the rain stopped the grass was so green and I mean goodbye yellow winter grass hello spring soft stuff. God has given me my little rain cloud for growth. I have grown so much as a person and we have grown so much as a family. I don't always like growth and sometimes growth can be painful and sometimes the growth opportunities are just pouring out of my little raincloud but we have our weeks of sunshine and it's in those moments I see just how much blessing my little rain cloud has poured out on our family. 
3 comments:
sun, rain, snow, wind, drought...I LOVE YOUR LITTLE CLOUD!!!!!
Sending love your way--gobs and gobs of it.
We miss you so.
I love your outlook. Kiss your little rain cloud for me and Natalie please. We're missing you so much today.
Rain clouds or sunshine..I know we wouldn't change a thing! We thought it would have been "easier" if we'd adopted an infant..our son is almost 4. NOPE. Apparently...from several reliable sources...the infants through fits too.... it's part of the grieving process. THREE WEEKS! THREE WEEKS! THAT'S OUR MAGIC NUMBER! We still have our moments...but overall, it is AWESOME!
Post a Comment