Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My little dancer

We were told he could dance....I think he may have some genes from the Ethiopian dancers at the restaurant.

I know I have been being pretty transparant lately, and well it is probably coming across as complaint after complaint. I really don't mean to. I just want people to know this is how we are. Life isn't always lilies and bubbles. Sometimes it's hard but it makes you stronger and it heightens your gratitude when things are going well. I love Liam more than life itself. SERIOUSLY! I just know when I first came home I wish I would have had a couple of blogs to read where people were having a difficult time. Not because I wanted them to have a difficult time but because I needed to know that we were normal...Whatever those of you who have been there will totally know what I mean and those of you haven't can judge away.

Needless to say in honor of showing off my "boyfriends" moves I wanted to write 10 things about Liam I love in honor of his 10 month birthday..

1. I love your smile. When you smile it is very genuine and it makes my day.

2. I love your hair! It's so unbelievably soft and so curly and cute.

3. I love the way you smell. I can't describe it but I kinda want to eat you after giving you a good sniff:)

4. I love the way you crawl it's to cute.

5. I love the way you stick your butt out mid crawl. BABY GOT BACK!

6. I love the way you gently touch things with your middle finger. Daddy calls it your delicate finger.

7. I love the way you rest on me when you are sleepy.

8. I love how well you sleep! 12 hours! There is my sleeper (just like your momma!)

9. I love the way you want to give your cool big brother kisses..even if he doesn't always appreciate your love juice(aka slobber).

10. I love you...You are dramatic and passionate and Daddy jokes that you are just like your mom. I am honored as you are amazing!

6 comments:

Troy said...

hahaha ... you got a little headbanger there ... that's awesome ... thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning.

thanks for your comment too ... when I wrote the confession post, I thought of you...I've been reading your blog but not commenting (sorry). I really appreciate your transparency and honesty. As first-time parents, it is good to see the hurdles (good and bad) that we'll face. so thank you.

Brian and Autumn said...

love the dancing :)

Camille Hannah said...

Awesome!! Thanks again Bethany for your candid honesty. I appreciate it. I know we have a hard time too, and mine are biological so I cannot begin to think of the challenges that adoption might bring. I also wanted to tell you that I think you and Aaron are amazing for what God had you do, in adoping Liam. I thought it was so cool, and truthful, when you said that God created Liam to be your baby from the begining of time - how true! Anyway, your "men" looked great in their dancing (and it was neat to hear your laughter too!)...

Camille

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this video! I've watched it at least a dozen times! Thanks for putting a smile on my face and everyone else's that I've shown it too! Love, Uma

Melissa said...

Oh--I can already see the first dance at S and L's wedding reception!

Sending LOVE galore your way, Beth. Miss you tons.

Meade family adoption said...

Oh my goodness, He's definately got some cool moves. Too darn cute for words.