We started this journey as a family going from 3 members to 5. On December 12th we brought home our precious second son. Making us a family of 4. We'll see how and when God choses us to become 5.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
To answer a very valid question.... I was wearing two pairs of pants because we were leaving the frigid midwest and I didn't want to be cold....It makes no sense...
Monday:
So Almaz came and helped with our paperwork. Tip#1 wait to fill it out until you are there. There is plenty of time and then you can ask all the questions you want. Then around 10:30 we were off to see our little ones.
As soon as we walked through the gates I was completely overwhelmed. Not so much with love or excitement, just this feeling of total panic. Like "this is it...it's do or die...and what if he sees me and wants to die?" Well We all thought this was going to happen in a very organized fashion HAHA...We thought we would take pictures for each other HaHa. Well It was actually really chaotic. Some babies were sunning, some babies were upstairs. Some babies were being handed to their parents and cameras weren't ready. It was not what my organized picture ready self was expecting. I had envisioned us walking while camera's were rolling. Taking our every emotion. Instead it was more of a ..."wait that's him over there, someone catch my camera I just threw at you and start snapping this priceless moment." Oh well: Tip #2 take in every moment and take mental pictures. It is so much better that you soak up each second and treasure it. It is such an important part of their story. Pictures are nice but the story is priceless.
We saw our babies for about 40 min. and then we hopped into the vans and drove to the Italian restaurant. Yes this is the restaurant where you can buy the art work. tip #3 make sure you can see an entire piece of art work before you tell your husband it's your favorite. I was sitting in a chair and from my view I could see (somewhat around a corner) this beautiful painting that had a moon and stars...kind of a night shot. I said "Aaron look at that piece it's beautiful I think it's my favorite..." He said "Bethany it's of a naked lady...." oooops.
The food there was delicious. I don't recommend the Haiwian Pizza it has lunch meat type Canadian Bacon ...The Pasta Carbonara Yumm! Good pick Melissa.
After that we went shopping. It was very anti climactic. Not a whole lot there. Tip #4 Ask Yohannes to pick up an Amharic Bible. We did and we now have an awesome gift for someones 18th B-day.
We went back to HH and picked up Liam. We then went home changed his clothes and started what ended up being the longest night of our lives.
We had no idea when he had eaten last. He had just woke up from a nap at 7:30 p.m. So I was pretty clueless when he needed what. So around 8:00 we fed him what ended up being the first of 2 oz. feedings every 1hour and a half. Yikes! We got him to sleep pretty easily around oh I don't remember all I remember is Aaron and I had just laid down and Liam started the most horrifying cough ever. Well we made it through and thus started our Tuesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment