So we got our new numbers. I was surprised by one of them. It was a good surprise very needed at this point in time. Before I go into the numbers thing I wanted to talk about a few things. Numbers and traveling. It is enough waiting to make a person go mad! You often wonder if God is working on patience and then you remember that no one absolutely no one has the sanity to be 100% patient during this time and quite frankly I don't think God is expecting it. I do know he says to not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and supplication cast my cares on him and his peace which transcend all understanding will guard my heart (Philippians 4:6-7???) Please feel free to correct my reference. Okay so the giving God my anxiety is the part I could work on. I have noticed that as of lately I have been just kind of shoving it down into literally only God knows where. It is a good temporary fix but unfortunately with this solution it will resurface in the most unfortunate places and times. Dreams are a big one for me. My anxiety shows up in my dreams. Weird stuff! It is hard to struggle with this numbers and waiting game. I have noticed that I want so badly to be content with where we are in the process. Then I get a phone call like the one today and I feel this rush of excitement. Then I feel like I am back where I started. Was the phone call encouragement from God or a distraction from me working through discontentment? This my friends we may never never know....
I do know that as of this point we are looking at a good possibility of a referral in Octoberish and traveling in Jan. It is a bummer but if we all count on that together then maybe we will make it through. Please please pray for me. I just remember last Christmas was hard and we were only 5 months into the process. This Christmas will be really sad if we are waiting to pick the little one up. It will mean there is a good chance we are missing out on their first Christmas. Which means one more first we won't have:(
Okay I just bummed myself out again. Now for the good news. Here are our new numbers!
On the boys list!
On the Girls List
5 comments:
Thank you for that movement! I knew it would perk you up as much as me! It really is going to happen!!!
Amy
Wow - that is so AMAZING Bethany. I am super super excited for you. No kidding about referral in Oct, travel in Jan - I COMPELTELY 100% understand your fear and the bummed feeling that any/all of us will have when Christmas passes by. Hang in there. We are all in this together. AND your numbers are really really little!!!!!!! :)
Autumn
Congrats on the great #'s!! Everyone says that there are lots of babies at HH - to think that one of those could be yours - VERY cool!! Let's hope those courts process paperwork quickly!
Yeah for the #s we are right behind you and so excited!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment