Saturday, September 20, 2008

Our phone call

So up until Monday I hadn't jumped at the phone ringing, or carried my cell phone with me. I just basically moped around the house knowing it was going to be the longest month ever!
Well when Autumn got her little son on Monday (woohooo) I got really excited. Then Tuesday came and Kami got her referral being at #2... All Wednesday I was totally freaking out. Then being a person of immediate gratification, when Wed. came and went and I didn't hear anything I thought "you know Bethany you have got to be patient...it could be October." Well Thursday morning Aaron and I had this amazing walk and during this walk we talked and prayed and really poured out our heart about where we were as individuals waiting for our little one. It was awesome. Then I had some powerful prayer time and was now at a place of peace. (HeHeHe).
Well I do have to tell you I wasn't at a place where I stopped jumping at the phone when it rang!
Thursday
So we were all sitting down to dinner and the phone rang. Aaron picked it up and just looked at it. It rang again...
Me: "Aaron are you going to answer it."
Aaron: "NO I don't recognize the number and it could be a political call or another survey."
Me: "What is the number on the phone?"
At this point the phone has rang twice. Aaron slowly turns the phone to me so that I can see the caller i.d. I recognized the AGCI caller code.
Me (literally lunging at the phone): "give me the phone"
Aaron and Wes blinking somewhat fearfully and looking at me like I had gone totally nuts (which I had).
Me (answering the phone): "Hello"
Christy: "Hey Bethany it's Christy"
Me: "Yeah" (excitement mounting)(I didn't mean to be rude...but I was so excited)
Christy: "I just wanted to touch base with you about the question you had with the international pediatrician."
Me (super intensely excited): "Yeah" (I am thinking if this is seriously what she called for instead of e-mailing me I would crawl through the phone wires and well it wouldn't be pretty....
Christy: "I am glad that question got answered because I wanted to let you know that we have the referral of a child for you."
Me (half sobbing, half laughing): "I was hoping you were going to say that."
Christy: "I have to tell you that this is a pre referral ....blah blah blah.....
At this point I am seriously not being rude when I write blah blah blah, I am just telling you that when you hear "WE HAVE A REFERRAL" Your brain is processing that you are about to hear about your baby...and I had just swallowed this huge bite of spaghetti right before she called and it was now beginning to feel like my spaghetti was going to make a re appearance. Oh and I forgot to mention at this point I had her on speaker phone and so I knew that if I got up and at least ralphed into the garbage can in the kitchen she would still totally hear it. Who pukes when they get their referral?
Well I got control and kept in my food (which is good because that bite was all I ate for the rest of the night.)
Christy:"are you ready for me to tell you?"
Me: "Yes"
Christy: "I have here a precious baby BOY his name is (M)"
Me: "Aaron and I both Screamed"
Christy (giggling): His birthday is May 22
Me: "Of this Year?"
Christy (giggling): "Yes"
Well we got his information and then we called our parents. We then had two very trusted friends come over so that we could see his pictures and they could take a picture of our reaction.
AWESOME IDEA! Well worth the 30 minute wait.
Well we are totally in love with this baby boy. Wesley has chubby cheeks and big eyes and so I prayed for (M) to have chubby cheeks and big eyes and he does! Uhhh I love it!
Please pray we travel by Christmas!

14 comments:

jody said...

oh good grief I am giggling and getting teary reading your description, like I am acting it out or something! This world of adoption blggy friends is so crazy-I love it though! I feel like I can totally picture the scene and cannot wait till it is our scene! What a GREAT week for Ethiopia adoptions!!!!

Michael and Michelle said...

WoooooHooooooo!!!!!!!! What a day for you guys!!!!! What does Wesley think of all of this??? I am so excited for you guys!!!!!!
Praise God!!!! What a blessing

Michelle

Melissa said...

You have my prayers and excitement! YAY!!!!!! I am so excited for you and in awe of the fact that our little ones are three days apart. This is truly the most amazing journey, the most amazing.

Peace and blessings,
Melissa

Outdrsycple said...

I'm soo happy for you!!! What a great surprise uh? I love your description of the call; I was totally laughing out loud! I can't wait until I'm spitting my spaghetti into the trash over my referral hehehe.

Dawn said...

Congratulations!! So happy for you! Sending lots of prayers your way that you get to travel by Christmas. That would be the greatest Christmas gift ever!!

Leann said...

Congratulations!!! How have I not met you yet?!?!? Our little guys are probably buds -- we got our referral July 2, and his birthday is June 2. So excited for you!!!!

Leann
www.thelinams.blogspot.com

C said...

oh my oh my oh my........
I am SO HAPPY for you!!!!!
I miss blog chatting with you!!!!

Matt and Emily said...

Great story!!! I too laughed out loud reading it through tears of joy. I am so happy for you and your family.

cb4swife said...

What a great story! I love hearing everyone's stories! I have to tell you, I didn't eat much Wed or Thurs. this week either (I think we were right in front of you on the boy list...but I could be wrong) God Bless and We are praying for travel before Christmas too! Shannon

Our journey said...

I am sooooo excited for you guys. Sending lots of prayers as you love your new little guy.

Murphy Momma said...

Hey Bethany, I forgot to ask you about whether you brought a photo to Sunday School or not! I can't wait to see his chubby cheeks for myself. :)
Sharon

Leann said...

I am dying to hear your story!! my e-mail is radleann@yahoo.com

Leann

Brian and Autumn said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! I am so so so excited all over again! What an awesome night for you guys! I am absolutely thrilled for you!
Autumn

C said...

I have been so ready to talk back with you the mushroom soup sounds so yummie...I can't wait to cook again its been 5 1/2 weeks since I cooked! Please feel free to email me at gummie629@hotmail.com
C