We started this journey as a family going from 3 members to 5. On December 12th we brought home our precious second son. Making us a family of 4. We'll see how and when God choses us to become 5.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Zebras
So my title has absolutely nothing to do with my post. It's just what popped into my head.
So I realized something yesterday...I want something to be going on. I am a city girl and I love the fast pace of city life. (For those of you who don't know Aaron's job has brought us to a (wonderful) small town in northern Missouri.) All summer we have traveled so much. I loved it! Lately we have been in town for at least 4 weeks in a row and I am starting to feel a little stir crazy. Well to be totally honest and you may think I'm crazy I have been having anxiety. At first I could not figure out what it was. Then I realized...Life has slowed down, the courts are closed in Ethiopia, chats on the list serve have slowed WAY DOWN, People rarely update their blogs....We are not getting out of town anytime soon....I feel just a little claustrophobic!
Here is what I know:
I know everything is all in God's timing!
I know that things will pick up again come October
I know we have already made it through almost a full month of the court closure.
I know I need to enjoy this time with George and Aaron while it is just the three of us.
I know I can use this time to get ready (I refuse to get shots until I have that little one's image in my head).
With all of that said I appreciate everyone who reads and responds to my posts, your messages are truly an encouragement and "something" to do during this time of waiting. Thanks to all of my friends and family for your encouraging phone calls and support. I know I am going to look back on this and laugh at myself. I know I will think what was I in such a hurry for?
Okay well I already feel a lot better, I do still wish there was movement somewhere from someone... and if not movement in the adoption world maybe we could have some movement on the home front. A little traveling would be nice.
Speaking of traveling (totally knew subject). Aaron and I have decided we should get away for the weekend just the two of us. Are their any suggestions on how we can do this have a wonderful time but stay on a budget? Also this would be our first time away from curious. (We are treating this as a trial run for traveling to Ethiopia.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
We are 14 on the girl list and 10 on the boy list. I know how you feel with the slow down. I can't wait for Oct. to be here. Yet I don't want to rush the time I have with Katelyn. The time we have with just the three of us is special and will never be again, so we should take heart and not rush it. Easier said then done with the great big desire I have for this little baby in Ethiopia!!! Hang in there!!!
Hey there! I was thinking with the slow down...I don't have any other children than the one waiting somewhere in Ethiopia but...what if during this time you wrote a long letter to your son about how important he is and how much you love your time with him now and how special it is. I'll bet he will cherish it one day and it could be an amazing gift from mother to son. So not my business but just a thought.
Cheers and smiles~
Melissa (Va.)
Keep being the best Mom to your little boy! You're doing great! I bet that husband of yours just adores you and how well you care for your son!
~Hubby~
Hey Bethany,
Hang in there. The closure is making me crazy too. And the fact there were 2 infant girl referrals last week doesn't help - I am DYING for some movement with the boy's list. I am really over being on the wait list :) Have fun on your weekend trip. Brian and I are going to Napa for a weekend next month to celebrate me graduating from college!! I am so looking forward to doing something outside of the daily schedule.
thank you!! so where did you get this yummie lunch??? If you made it what products did you use, I am always looking for new products!!!
The wait is so hard, but you are getting very close. Praying that the time goes by quickly.
Post a Comment