We started this journey as a family going from 3 members to 5. On December 12th we brought home our precious second son. Making us a family of 4. We'll see how and when God choses us to become 5.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Names
Well I want to update you on an unofficial #6 for the girls list. Apparently there were two infant girls who were matched with families. So we get to move from 8-6.
I feel like AAron and I are pregnant and we are having that discussion of which gender we would like to have A BOY or A GIRL. Obviously we are ecstatic to have either one but it is still fun to wonder. As of right now My heart is leaning towards a girl and Aaron's towards a boy. I wanted a girl when I was pregnant with George and I couldn't be happier with my precious, awesome, totally cool little boy. Soo we are leaving it up to God's perfect plan. Funny thing is we are really left guessing since we are #6 on Boys and #6 on Girls....
Soooo anyways, We have been talking a lot about names and Well by "we" I mean I have been talking a lot to myself, out loud, in the company of my husband (who is not listening). I have been working my tail off for us to have names picked out so that when we see him or her we can say she or he definitely looks like a ......
I am not one of those people that can see them and then out of the blue pick their name based on what I feel. I picked Curious George's name (his real name is Aaron Wesley Jeremiah Rye) and once he came out and I brought him home I called him Kyle(not his real name) for like 3 weeks. I was delusional and thought for sure he "looked" like a Kyle. Well he does a little but it is not his name and I am so glad we had his name picked before I met him.
Well long story short I told the hubby of mine that he no longer had the power of Veto for names until he gave me 10 possible names. (They had to be workable and not cookie or fluffy or whatever weird mood he was in). Well He failed and did not have the names to me by the deadline I had picked. On Sunday afternoon I was online looking up names, and I found a girl's name I really liked. I found this name and I thought of a super cute nickname to go with it. I thought Self there is no way that Aaron is going to come in here and like this name. So I prayed about it. I prayed that God would give me kind words (if Aaron tried to veto it) but I also prayed that if Aaron vetoed it that he would have a few names to contribute. I was reading down my list of favorite names and their meanings(we are really really into meanings). As I was reading them I read my favorite name, nickname and meaning, and Aaron stopped me he said read that last one again. I did and he said to me....
.......
......I love that name! I love the nickname and I love the meaning. Then he said what about ......for her middle name. My husband picked her name! I am so glad and now it feels totally worth all the veto madness I went through to get here to the place of the perfect little girls name!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You can't write all of that and NOT share the name with us:)....I'll share mine if your share yours (ha ha)....if you agree it would have to be through private email because I don't want the world to know the name we have for our baby girl.
Cute post!
Michelle
That was lol funny. I too want names picked out before we see our little girl and my hubby does the same thing. I talk about them and he doesn't listen! I told him with Bug that I was not walking into that ultrasound appointment without a name for my child. We chose his name in the car on the drive to the appointment. I feel like the call can't come until we make a decision. How can I look at a picture of my little girl and not have a name for her! That is purely irresponsible (for me only)!
Yeah for moving down the list. Now if we only knew who #7 was...
WHAT!!!! Leaving us in suspense? Ahhhhhhhhh
Cute blog!!! Are you going to share the name? Mollie Rye is quite darling!!!! Let us know!!! Also, thanks for listening and chatting yesterday! Such a huge help to me!!!!! Love, Mollie
That's so funny! When we were picking out Jackson's name when we were pregnant I felt the same way! I was sure our son would be nameless for his entire life. Then one day my husband said I like the name Jackson.... a name I had mentioned about ten times in the prior months and he vetoed every time! I was in total shock that I just said fine that's his name! And it turns out that it's the perfect name for our kid!
That's funny I did he exact same thing, I gave my hubby a deadline too. And yes, he went waaaaaaaaay past it. But finally the decision was made. You're getting close!
Man...that hubby of yours, he sounds like a bum. I'm surprised you got him to contribute anything! Men! I still like the name a lot!
~Hubby~
Post a Comment