Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Big Sister

I wanted to dedicate this post to my big sister and the fact that her birthday was yesterday and she turned 30. Now I will be honest I thought that 30 was the new 20 and therefore not "that" big of deal. After much research (interviewing my post 30 friends) I now stand corrected and I have discovered that it is a HUGE deal! Especially to the person conquering this milestone. So here it is.... When we were kids my big sister was the absolute coolest, most beautiful, most perfect big sister One person could find. Now don't get me wrong this does not mean we did not fight. We definitely did. It just means that no matter what she was doing she made it look so cool, I wanted to do it too. No matter what she was wearing she made it look good (I can remember coming downstairs to leave for school, seeing what she was wearing I would run back to my room to change into something that resembled what she had on.) She has always had perfect hair, perfect skin and the ability to get an amazing tan! Don't get me wrong, she by no means was high maintenance, when I say she made anything look cool, I mean she played soccer and so was often sporting a t-shirt, umbro shorts, and a scrunchy in her hair. SHe still Looked GORGEOUS! She is super humble. She would never lead anyone to believe that she agrees with any of this stuff that I have written about it her. But it is all true! Just ask my Mom! I can remember her picking on me, but the second one of her friends would start in she was the first one to tell them to back off (or else!) I was sooo proud of her! I remember passing her in the halls of our High school and telling everyone there's my sister!
As kids (and to this day) She has always been able to let out the most amazing burps ever! We have grown up (i Use the term 'grown up' very loosely) always able to share secrets. Usually the kind of details you would never tell another living soul.... She gives the best advice. I have never felt like she was judging me. She always gave me the advice with no strings attached. It was usually wisdom from her own personal experience. With four kids and 10 years of marriage under her belt there is plenty of wisdom to go around!
There is no one in the universe who can make me laugh harder than her. I LOVE THAT! She has always been there for me ALWAYS! I am talking 3:30 in the A.M. Always. You know someone cares about you when it is 3:30 in the morning and you have just awoken them from what was probably the most amazing sleep ever, and they pretend like they have been awake just hanging around (waiting for your call) Just so that you won't feel bad, for waking up their entire house! THAT IS A BIG SISTER... I love her so much! My whole life would be totally different if I didn't have her. Happpy BIrthday STAST!

4 comments:

Rachel Locke said...

Wow I've got to meet this person.

Brad Locke said...

She wouldn't say it, Bethany, but this made her day. Thanks for always being there for her, too.

Rachel Locke said...

Nice picture by the way. Have any more of those pictures from say, Mexico? Branson?

Our journey said...

I always wished I had a sister. Instead, I was stuck with an annoying little brother...who I love to bits. Still not the same as a sister though.

Amy