We started this journey as a family going from 3 members to 5. On December 12th we brought home our precious second son. Making us a family of 4. We'll see how and when God choses us to become 5.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Massages
Have you ever just sat and wondered, "what would be the positives of throwing out my back?" Well one major one is that you can justify the expense of getting a massage. We found out about 3 years ago that when you go to a Chiropractor and you put it on insurance (isn't that what its for) Insurance companies can look at what you went for and say "hmmm, this person throws her back out every two years so we aren't going to cover it." So we had some excellent advice to pay for it out of pocket. Well last time I did this I received about 4 chiropracter treatments and my super generous Mom and Dad payed for a massage. Well the Chiropracter said that was an excellent way to speed up recovery. Well living here in a new place I was worried about going somewhere new when I love my chiropracter back home (in Saint Louis). Soooo, my sweet man said lets pay for a couple of massages instead. Well from this whole situation I have learned something about myself. I know that everyone was born with a purpose I have discovered mine...(careful this is going to get deep) getting massages. Yes I know it will be a difficult calling but I am willing to embark on this journey :)
So now you might be thinking "How do I throw out my back in order to justify massages?" Well the last 4 times were very silly things lets see: picking up the phone off the floor, picking up a baby (okay totally legit), picking up the phone off the floor (wow I need to review keeping the phone somewhere else), and scooting our dogs bed (pillow) across the floor. There it is!
I do have to tell you if you are considering this just know that your back pain doesn't go away. Days when you wake up pain free by bed time it hurts so bad. So this is definitely a down side worth considering.
Oh and one more positive thing. When I came home from my massage, Curious George informed me that He had also thrown out his back and needed a massage. He had also touched my arm and discovered it was really oily (from the massage not lack of bath) He asked why and when I told him they use oils to massage me he then informed me that he needed oils for his massage. So we got him all ready for bed and he layed down (I hid some baby lotion so that he would think it was massage oil) and proceeded to give my precious baby boy a massage. When George was little I gave him baby massages every night before bed with this exact lotion. Oh the sweet memories this brought back. He layed so still and absolutely loved it. Aaron was worried we had created a monster. I was happy to have such a PRECIOUS moment with my little boy (who is 3 and getting not so little anymore :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh Bethany, what a sweet little guy getting a massage from his mommy. I rememeber giving them to my kiddos and then have been reading again about doing them with adoptive kids as another way to have the physical contact.
A
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Vegan, well I became Vegan for my sweet husband! My husband was having so many stomach problems (you name it he had it) and he did everything every type of drug that the doctors suggested, eat this, don't eat this, seriously you name it he did it. Then my husband decided that the docotrs were not helping and that he would just do things more natural, and I already have was eating everything organic but we were not married at the time so he was not. Well then we got married and I started cooking everything organic all our products, and there was some improvement but not alot at this time we gave up meat because it was so hard on my stomach and figured it would help him and it did a little(he does eat fish). Then his uncle called and told us he had colon cancer and my husband needed to go get checked like every other man in the family, its was during this that my husband went to a new doctor and told him of all his problems and he did test and he was told to have a strict non dairy diet (meaning no dry dairy product either, which seems to be in eveything, example: whey) so I slowy started learing how to cook vegan, and what products I can use and now I am so happy that we gave up dairy. WE started researching dairy and started seeing that its not what its cracked up to be...and don't get me wrong I LOVED CHEESE if I ate anything cheese was on it(and I have found great subitutes)but knowing what it does to your body I really don't miss it. If i accidently do have dairy it makes so so sick becuse my body can't take it now. BUT with dairy out of my life I have so much energy and have never felt better. My husabnd is like a new man!!!! We get all the good stuff that comes from dairy else where!! So we are so happy to be vegan!!! AND we still so out to eat and go to starbuck we just get everthing dairy free, like soy milk in our drinks at starbucks. ANy more questions let me know and there are great links n my vegan blog!!!C
Love this story--so adorable! And, I must admit, I love getting massages! I am now in PT for my back (my doctor has been teasing me that this is part of my paper pregnancy) and I haven't had a massage in forever. I think I'll get one soon in your honor!
Peace,
Melissa (Va.)
Your not a problem at all so don't say sorry again, ok :)!!! I lollked vegan up...
vegan [vee-gan]
Noun
a person who does not eat meat, fish, or any animal products such as cheese, butter, etc.
Now some people go extream and don't do honey, but we do honey!!! Really everything is about the same, I mean at first it may seem like more but thats just because your getting more at once but really our budget has not changed. Now course some store charge more but I get suff from my local stores and ask them to get products for me!!! There are product links on my vegan blog!!!
I guess technially my husband is not a strict vegan, but only because he may have fish once in a while, but I am a stricter vegan (I never have liked fish) But over all because we do not do cheese well tell everyone we are vegans. I don't know where you live but in the South we have a store called WHOLE FOODS and then another one called EARTH FAIR and they both have ALOT of vegan products!
I cpoyed and pasted some parts of articles from a website I get alot of my info from (but not all my info)
Researchers have also shown that blood cholesterol increases with dietary intake of saturated fat, animal protein and dietary cholesterol. Dozens of experimental studies show that feeding rats, rabbits and pigs animal protein (eg casein) dramatically raises cholesterol levels, whereas plant protein (eg soy) dramatically lowers cholesterol levels. Studies in humans show that eating plant protein has even greater power to lower cholesterol levels than reducing fat or cholesterol intake!
When someone passes the “milk”, it would indeed be best to “pass it by”! There are healthier milk alternatives such as soy milks, rice milks, almond milks, etc. readily available in most grocery stores. Enjoy the healthy benefits of plant based products versus animal based products and avoid osteoporosis – a disease of affluence and excess, not calcium deficiency. As you do this, you will also avoid many of the other Western diseases.
The Soya Bean - a Miracle Bean
The soya bean is a legume. It is 34% protein, which is 2x more than beef, 3x more than cheese & eggs, and 12x more than milk. The soya bean is the best source of lecithin - which is often called "brain food". Soya beans are rich in linoleic acid and are high in calcium (20x more than beef & eggs), high in Vit. K (10x more than beef & eggs), high in potassium (3x more than in beef & eggs), and high in iron (6x more than in cheese and 2x more than meet & eggs). Because soya beans produce a "mock estrogen" in the body, they are excellent for menopause and PMS. So try to eat soya bean daily.
In your opinion is soy milk ...
Search Terms: soy
Remove Highlighting
I want to assure you that the soy story is bogus! Most of the websites going around against soy are sponsored by Dairy boards all over the world. If you look at the websites they recommend dairy left, right and centre. We know from scientific research that it is just not safe for humans to consume dairy any longer. I believe in moderation, God has given us a huge variety of legumes and I suggest you try as many as you can in your diet. Soy is great for many things, in as natural a state as possible. We use Fry's products in my household, but only for emergency "fast-food".There may be people out there that are allergic to soy, what is food for one can be poison to another. These people are out of line spreading the story that soy causes cancer though. They may well have been using something else in their diet that aggravated the cancer cells. God created humans to the finest detail and we should only put into our bodies what was made to put into our bodies. You wouldn't put water into your petrol tank would you? So it is the same with our bodies.
Don't be swept away with these stories, there is enough research on the goodness of soy products and in a vegan lifestyle is very important. If you're interested in finding out more about the benefits on soy look for studies done on Asian diets. 'Eat to Live' by Dr Sue Radd and Dr Kenneth Setchell is a great reference source for these studies.
Here is the website where I get a lot of my information:
http://www.amazinghealth.org/
Ok hit me with your next qustion :)
P.S. I wanted you to know that I went to my local grocery store and they started getting alot of the vegan products that I use (our WalMart did also)Also we do vanillia Soy milk(silk) to drink and do with cereal and stuff like that and then chocolate soy milk(Silk)for desert and it has a lot of vitamins but then for most recipies I cok with enriched rice milk because I don't like the soy tastes that soy milk leaves in my recipies! Soy over all its not like we have soy with every meal now we to use tofu and get soy in things like that but over all our meals are veggie based--over al, am I making since??
What a fun post. You crack me up but I like the positive side of life. Massage therapy. And wow, I didn't realize your numbers were getting so close. Can't wait...
Sharon
Post a Comment