Thursday, June 12, 2008

Today

Today was one of those days you look back on and think what in the world did I do today... We are getting ready to be out of town for 10 days. I have not been feeling 100% I think allergy season kicked in late for me this year. We are having house/dog/ubber fat cat sitters come stay so I feel like I want to leave the house in amazing condition (or at least comfortable living condition). Anyway we are leaving a day early so that we can visit some friends from college, so I need to get in gear and I have to say that I once again left it all to the last minute. Oh wait no I did pack My suitcase, curious's suitcase, and our swimming suitcase...sad that is all I did and I do believe that took me all morning. I did have to stop frequently to check on Curious George and the 9,000 things he would get into during my 20 minutes of being out of the room. I do have to say that We are in a much better place than we were a few weeks ago. We really are understanding more and more what it means to wait patiently for the Lord. I often think of the praise and worship song....it has a line "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord," I have to say I never totally understood how that could be possible. Again God is teaching us so many amazing things through our adoption.

5 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

So nice to "meet" you. We are also adopting with AGCI to Ethiopia.
I feel the same way about keeping birth order.
I am excited to follow your journey!

Michelle

Our journey said...

It looks great Bethany. So glad you joined the blogging world. I look forward to following your journey. Have a great trip.

Amy

C said...

I look forward to following your adoption journey..we are adopting form Ethiopia and we are doing this through AGCI!!!!Welcome to our AGCI Blog FAmily!!!

Murphy Momma said...

Well it's about time!!!! OK, so you know I just want the world to share in all the details you already give me. Happy blogging and I can't wait to meet the new little ones. Boo already has a gift picked out!
Sharon

Michael and Michelle said...

Are you getting the blog better??? Let me know if you need any help (i'm not the best blogger but I am willing to help out).
I am also part of list serve so we can email.
Just thought I would check in.

Michelle