So we have arrived. Where did we arrive? Well let's walk through this...As I walked in the door with Wesley after our "date" I payed the babysitter, went to the bathroom, and I hear hysterical laughing. What do I come out to find? Liam has grabbed Wesley's half full cup of sprite and thrown it across the floor where it naturally explodes on the kitchen floor and naturally some of the carpet in the living room. Does this qualify as arriving? No, what does, is that when Liam saw my look of shock and I think pure exhaustion he runs into the kitchen saying "I sorry Mommy, and grabs a towel and sits down on the floor next to the mess and starts "wiping it up." You would have thought he graduated from college. I was smiling and dancing and slapping high fives, and clapping and laughing. It was so precious to see such a kind gesture come from someone so deeply rooted in the terrible two's.
2 comments:
Priceless! It's nice to have a glimpse of what's to come when he finally graduates out of those terrible twos! Hang in there! When I see Aaron & Thomas today and marvel at how grown up and responsible they've become, I tend to forget the days when gallons of milk were spilled all over the table and brothers were colored with orange magic markers!
that is sooooo great! I'm sending Belle over to hang out with him more often.
Post a Comment