Thursday, April 29, 2010

When it rains it pours

Not to be all doom and gloom. But April showers bring May flowers right? If your my facebook friend I feel that I come across a lot more "humor only." Here as it is my therapy I can be a little bit more cynical. A lot more cynical. Anyway there is so much rain outside...Well today is sunny but it seems like lately it is super rainy and well I need it to be rainy in order to make an analogy. Seems like in Missouri when it rains it pours, for days. I mean just saturates the ground. But within days we see beautiful products of the rain. So many flowers, the greenest grass. I feel like that has been my life as of lately. I have been working so hard in school that I am so excited to see May come and to have a much earned break. I have set it up that the whole month I want to focus on birthdays and sewing. I have put off sewing knowing that it would be irresponsible of me to do something I consider fun when I should be studying. So I am looking forward to May. Well I was. See I have been super stressed with school(I know I said that already). Then about 3 days before Easter I noticed swelling at the base of my neck and around my collar bone. Then it started getting worse and I started getting achy in my back. Tired and Achy. After many doctor's appointments and having one doctor tell me I just must have a chubby neck. I now await an appointment May 10th with an Ear nose and throat doctor. I have gone through phases where the not knowing is killing me. Yeah I am pretty sure I wrote about that when waiting to know if we passed court. Well back in the waiting game. I don't think I care so much about what is going on as much as I care about just knowing. I want to make plans. Prepare. Do what i need to do. NOt just wait idly. So I thought that threw an interesting twist into my May. Nope that was just the tip of the iceberg. About 2 weeks ago I noticed a hard swollen knot on Liam's left bunny cheek(butt cheek for those of you who don't speak bunny.) I took him to the doctor. He said it was probably a bruise and it would surface in a few days. I wasn't sure what this meant. What was a bruise going to look like on his little brown bunnies. Well A week went by and I thought maybe it would just go away. Until he woke up Wed. morning and spent most of the morning either refusing to walk or limping. Pitiful to see a baby limp. So I got him in to the doctor that morning. Doctor says it looks worse and so now on May 12th we head to Saint Louis Children's hospital so that he can see a pediatric specialist. Funny how all of a sudden nothing else matters to me but making it to May 12th.

4 comments:

naomi said...

Bethany,
I am sorry that you are having to deal with all of this uncertainty. I will definitely pray for you and Liam as you wait over the next couple of weeks. God is our great comforter, healer, and protector. He WILL shelter you under his wing! I love you friend.
Naomi

Erin said...

oh no, what strange things. I can't imagine what they are, but will be praying you both are healed quickly. May 12 is a very long time to wait!

Teri R said...

Mercy Me says it best:
I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray
...and I'm praying for you! Love, Teri

Josh and Kristi said...

Praying for May flowers!