Monday, April 26, 2010

Aunt Grace

Just trying to process the day...We found a kitty on Thursday evening. She was hanging out in our backyard. We have a privacy fence so I was pretty impressed that she was back there. Anyway we befriended her. Actually we thought it was a boy and were going to name him Kevin. Well I told Wes I think this is a girl kitty and so he proudly stated her name was Aunt Grace. (for those of you who don't know my little sister's name is Grace.) She has been in Hong Kong for the year and I think Wesley misses her. He kept asking the Kitty how she got from Hong Kong...anyway. Super sweet kitty. I wanted to keep her Aaron wasn't so sure and well I did have some concern how we could fit adjusting to a new kitty into the kinda crazy time we are in. But I figured she found us... We went out of town for the weekend. Aaron said if the kitty "aunt Grace" was still living under our shed in the backyard we would talk about keeping her. Well we got home late Sunday night (like 10:00) I went in the back yard with my flash light... walking around in the dark shining a light under the shed calling "aunt Grace" "aunt Grace." She didn't come out...(it was also raining). Well she was out bright and early this morning. So we put her in a crate and took her to the vet. WE thought before we even try and see if this kitty gets along with Romeo (our beast of a cat). We should have her tested and checked out. Well I was the one at the appointment it turns out Aunt Grace has feline Leukemia. This is a deadly illness for Kitties and super contagious to other cats. Usually cats with it don't live over 1 year old. I had no other options, I actually asked if not begged the vet to tell me another way to handle the situation and she basically said if it were me this is what I would do. So with tears streaming down my face I paid the bill(which sucked) and left. Please pray there was one possibility they were going to check into. There is a lady who has a cat who tested positive with Leukemia. She said they would see if Aunt Grace could live there. I am sad she is a super good little kitty. My heart was broken. When I came home I simply told Wesley Aunt Grace got to go somewhere else. He was sad but I felt it was best not to go into details seeing as how I couldn't articulate it with out crying. All in all it was a sad answer to prayer on whether or not we should keep her. One huge blessing is that Wes was supposed to go with me but as I was walking out the door he disobeyed his daddy and had to stay home. I have never been so thankful for disobedience. God really works all things for our good.

No comments: