Monday, March 29, 2010

Mother of the year Award

Soo today I won an award! Yep it has seriously been years since recieving my last award. I think it may have been 6-7 years ago. Yep I remember winning a trophy for a horse shoe competition in which there was only one other team. Yes I won first place...I never really thought that trophy counted. This trophy, my friends, this trophy counts. Well wait there is no trophy per say. No it was actually a verbal award. The MC was a stranger from HyVee. Appearantly she and her husband were eating at the same time as the boys and I. Little did I know they had been judging us during lunch. Cool thing was the verdict came back and they picked me for mother of the year. I specifically remember there not being a single other child in the eating area at the time, and I am pretty sure they didn't see us in the frozen food section when I threatened the children that "if I heard one more word..." I recieved the award in the parking lot. The people had parked next to me and as the boys and I went flying by (literally I had ran behind the cart, and then jumped on the back; and then we hit a pot hole and they said something like "Oh their all going to fall.") Still even after putting my childrens life in parking lot race cart danger. Yep still won. She came over to me and told me "you win mother of the year." You would have though I had just won an Oscar. I yelled "I did." She did give me kind of a sympathetic look like, "it's just a figure of speach sweetheart." She said the boys were so well behaved and when they did get in trouble she said "you calmly explained to them what they had done wrong and what you expected." So this was not to brag at all. It was merely to say Thanks God for the awesome little pick me up. The cool thing was the award really has made my day. Every time I have had to discipline the boys I just think "well your lucky it's me because I am mother of the year...":)

3 comments:

Erin said...

What a nice way to end a trip to the store!

A&W said...

Congratulations on your award! :) That is def something to keep your chin up when its one of those days.

Janice said...

wow! and it's true, too. I can think of a hundred times when I've been with you and those comments would apply. It is a fairly common thought in my head to think, "how would Bethany handle this..." Maybe I'll make WWBD bracelets! :)