Friday, February 5, 2010

My little brown bear and the vanilla one too:)

Basically I think kids go through phases. I think just when you think you have hit phase and moved on I think you quickly can find yourself back in the midst of it again. One phase I have seen Liam go through and move out of and go back into is temper issues. I do feel like he does relax and we will be there for a few weeks and then spend a month or two working through things that don't feel like "normal" toddler issues. I understand that I am probably reading to much into things but I almost feel like as long as I keep myself in check it might not be such a bad thing. I mean seriously a person can drive themselves insane playing the what if game. I have come to the conclusion that I will do what works best for Liam and the rest of the family. We can't treat Liam like he is our only child because he is not. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God planned it that way for a reason. I know he wanted Liam to be the younger brother or else he would have worked it out that Liam would have been placed in another family.But he didn't he is in ours and if I trust God he will equip us to be the best parents for liam and Wesley. It may take a lot more growing on our part as parents and it may take a lot more adjusting on Liam and Wesley's part. All I know is God does not make mistakes and I see proof of that in my family. I still think back on how there were a couple of people who did not think that God wanted Aaron and I together for whatever reason. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Aaron chose me and I chose him and God has blessed our relationship. The interesting part on that story is I had been warned ahead of time(while I was on a mission trip) that I would face a lot of spiritual warfare when I returned home. They warned us that it would be in the area that we struggled the most to trust God. Boy did they peg that one! Anyway I think Satan was just scared because he didn't want to see another couple united under the umbrella of salvation. On another note and why I am actually writing a post was to talk about the boys;)Even in the midst of learning how to parent and trust God in the midst of feeling clueless I have to trust that we will make it through. So back to what I was saying before about cycles. So I mentioned how liam seems to cycle through emotional behaviors. Well Wes seems to cycle through Physical regressions. Here are a couple of examples: It was time to get Wesley out of quiet read time: M: Wesley what is on your hand W: I got a little marker on it I should wash it in the sink. M: I think that is a good idea.... Wesley goes to the bathroom while I pick up... M: Wesley what is all over snuggie(his very special bear) W: I little bit of marker... M: (noticing his mouth) Wes what is all over your mouth? (I begin to pull his sleaves up and pant legs etc.) Wes what is all over you? W: (big grin) I markered myself! And when I was kissing snuggie I got it on his jamies... I proceed to discover marker on his belly, all over his arms and legs, and yes folks even his crack.... I wanted to be mad but it was next to impossible once I saw the marker trail heading down into his southern cheeks.. Second: I was sleeping. wesley runs into my room (it's 6:30) M: Hi baby did you just wake up? W: no mom I was awake for awhile. I cut my school picture up and seperated my friends on who is bossy and who isn't. He then proceeds to shower me with all the pictures of his friends who appearantly aren't bossy. Hmmmm! Don't leave wesley alone and tread on thin ice with Liam:)Lessons learned!I love how they make me laugh.

2 comments:

Janice said...

too funny! keep the pictures split up so you know which are the nice kids. Birthday party invite list done!

Teri R said...

Oh, my goodness! That reminds me of the time that Aaron wrote all over his brother with an orange marker! Aaron was about 3 and his brother was 1. Like father, like son? Too funny!