We started this journey as a family going from 3 members to 5. On December 12th we brought home our precious second son. Making us a family of 4. We'll see how and when God choses us to become 5.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Life is precious
Life is precious~
I understand why it often takes an illness or tragic event for us to puzzle over just how precious life is. It just makes me sad that in between these moments in time we often live our lives taking for granted the people around us we love a lot.
When Aaron and I were in college we saw a good friend burried due to a car accident. After we were married about two years we saw 2 other good friends(brothers) and their father burried due to a car accident. It was after this tragic event that I got a little anxious about Aaron driving or flying. There were so many times when he was in pilot training or was flight instructing that I thought he was supposed to be home at a certain time and minutes would turn into hours before I would hear from him. There was one night in particular where I can remember he was supposed to be somewhere by a certain time and during that time a quick moving storm system had moved into the area. The power in the house was coming and going and tornado sirens were sounding. I was so scared something had happened to Aaron 2 1/2 hours of wondering before I found out he was okay but that he had been through quite a ride.
In those moments of fear I would often (foolishly) allow myself to "go there." you know the place you go when you start assuming the worse. I would wonder what I would do. How would I continue to be a mom. How would God help me breath after something so horrible? My sister and I would often have conversations about this. Conversations about the dreaded phone call, and then still functioning in life for our childrens sake and how would we do it.
I know I cannot fathom the peace that God would give and I know I can't imagine the breath God would have to breath into my lungs to help me get through the first painful moments(days years) I know I can't imagine it because I don't need that peace or understanding right now. It's not a journey I am walking and I know if I had to walk it that GOD's GRACE IS ALL SUFFICIENT!
Well my sister did get the dreaded phone call yesterday. The phone call in which some strange person calls your home interrupting your world of normal and asks you if you are "susie smith?" You say yes wondering who this is and what they are selling. THen the dreaded sets in the next sentence delivers life changing impact. "We have your husband in the ER there has been an accident." I don't know how she felt, I don't know what her next thoughts were or how she functioned all I know is that God was with her. As I talked with her throughout the day and evening I could tell there was a guard holding up. She was staying so strong so she could process and do what she needed to do as a wife and a mom and she did it. I was so proud of her. Every time I got off the phone I was in awe at the things she had thought of. Of the boundries she was setting (giving herself room and time to think). Of thinking of and moving her kids to where they needed to be. She is my hero and again I am so proud of her.
My brother in law by the Grace of God is alive. He is injured and his body is broken but he is alive and healing. I am so thankful that God protected him and my sister and my neices and nephew.
So I just wanted to leave you with this thought.
Life is precious. Don't let anyone leave with unresolved anger or hurt. You just never no when it will be the last time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
SOO TRUE!!! Praying for your brother in law & sister & family. That is sooo scary!
Praying for your sister and brother-in-law. And a very timely post for a mother who is finding herself aggravated this morning by the childishness of her children. Must go hug them both...
My goodness- so sorry to hear about your BIL. Praying for a full and speedy recovery! Thank you for your words today. Life is so precious!!
Post a Comment