Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Walking the road of adoption

I literally can't get this road out of my head. It is the road symbolizing a journey we began over 2 years ago. It is our road to adoption. When we talk about Liam we talk about his adoption in past tense. We say yes he was adopted but it was a one time thing. He is now and forever will be 100% our son. I was recently reading on another adoptive families blog a post about their love for their adopted son. They have no other children. When the Mom was describing her love for her son she said it was as strong as if he was biological. She then added she thought it was. I am here to tell you with one bio son and one adopted son, I love them both uniquely but equally. I say I love them uniquely because they both have such different personalities and qualities. I say equally because there is no end to the love I feel for either one. So for those of you with no frame of reference you can now confidentally say you know for a fact you love them just as much as a bio child.
Aaron and I talked about wanting to adopt more than once. After we brought Liam home I didn't know if I could do it again. I really thought my paper pregnancy and "waiting" labor was way worse than physically carrying a child, and let me tell you that didn't go so well either. Well Wesley is almost 4 1/2 years old and I still am nervous but more open to the idea of pregnancy. Liam on the other hand is 15 months and I can't wait literally can't wait to adopt again. So when can we get started? Well that's up to the old man. He wants to adopt again but isn't sure if both adopted kiddos should be smashed in the middle. He knows I am a middle child and well after seeing how I turned out he doesn't want to put them at a greater dissadvantage by both being middle children:). I on the other hand am not so sure it will be like that:) But I am willing to wait for God to stir the heart of my husband in the direction we should go.
Will we be walking the road above for baby # 3? Or will we be trying for this?

4 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Praying for you both as God leads you wherever you need to go.

Jenny R said...

I am thinking the same.. I want to start an adoption right now, but we've only been home three months.. I'm wishing pregnancy was an option because it would be nice to have at least one child with out all the paperwork and waiting and waiting to be approved and looked over for everything. I've always liked privacy;) I've had people tell me I wouldn't be able to love an adopted child as much as a bio child. We only have an adopted child, but I know I love her as much as I would a bio child. She is my daughter and I love her more than anything!

Maria and Family said...

So exciting !! I will keep fingers crossed for you for both :) I couldnt agree with you more..we have 2 bio kids as different as could be and 2 adopted babies and they are different too and I love them ALL EQUALLY !!! :)

Eastiopians said...

Big decision, but both wonderful! :)