We started this journey as a family going from 3 members to 5. On December 12th we brought home our precious second son. Making us a family of 4. We'll see how and when God choses us to become 5.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
your gonna hate me for this
So your gonna think I am totally ridiculous and maybe you'll even roll your eyes...I WOULD if I was reading what I am about to say on one of your blogs....
Let me set this up for you...
Liam is an amazing sleeper. Amazing or should I say a little too amazing. When I put him down at 7:00 that is it no more Liam until 7:00, 8:00, or even 8:30 the next morning. Totally normal and fabulous right? Well here is my ahhhem..issue. He never wakes and cries...EVER...So he goes for what 12 hours without a peep. I appreciate it I do..I love LOVE MY SLEEP. But I love my baby more and there are times that I wish I could hear even a little whimper letting me know he needs mommy...A little rocking, snuggling, a back rub anything. But no he falls into a deep slumber and there he stays until the morning...
I know I know count my blessings right. But there is something so precious about the OCCASIONAL midnight 'meeting' with your little one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
yep, you are right, I hate you:)
I don't hate you, but I could do with one of those nights every once in a while! I am glad though that Madeleine still wakes up for a bottle at night. Have you thought of accidentally blowing a whistle outside his door? :)
I think that makes perfect sense. The middle of the night snuggling is very special. I'm sure this winter when colds start rolling in, and he is stuffy and needing his mommy at night, that you'll get to snuggle with him. You can also sneak in there anyway and rub his back. I know I would b/c I'm crazy like that. :)
Oh, I totally agree. We have a great sleeper too and I actually miss those middle of the night snuggle sessions. It doesn't sound so silly to me!
Ohhh I know who to call if we get another cranky baby?? Just teasing.
ok i dont HATE you...but I DO envy you ! Baby girl wakes every 2- 2 1/2 hrs all night long for the last 4 months :( i am pooped. I need sleep :) we are having a sleep study done next week..hoping for answers. I have tried everything i can think of and it makes no difference. well..i dont let her cry it out, the is the only thing we havent tried. any wisdom you can share :)
I know exactly what you mean Bethany. Natalie is still in her crib next to our bed, and there are times when I'm not sleeping well, I lay there and wish Natalie would sleep with us so I could cuddle her. I think we're missing those "little baby" days, hummm, maybe it's time for another round????
Hate you know...think you are crazy...maybe just a little : )
Amy
Post a Comment