We started this journey as a family going from 3 members to 5. On December 12th we brought home our precious second son. Making us a family of 4. We'll see how and when God choses us to become 5.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Boycotting a really sucky movie
So I have a confession...My last post was copied from the great blog eastiopians. I put their blog reference in the post but unfortunately I didn't know how and couldn't figure out how to link their blog to my post. So if you read my post or are just interested in what she had to say about this horrible movie please go check out her blog.
I am honestly tired of horror movies in general. In one of my psych undergrad classes we studied the effects of pornography and horror movies on the minds of adolescents. It's scary. I wish I could say seeing an occasional horror movie isn't a big deal but well it's just not true. No matter what you think there are lasting effects left in your mind whether in your conscious or sub conscious. Really scripture tells us to fill our minds with whatever is pure, lovely and holy. What in the world is pure holy and lovely about people getting grotesquely maimed. I also read an article about horror movies and how they try and include as much nudity or sexual content as possible because they know that sells horror movies. The article also stated that Horror movies in the U.S. involve so much more gore, blood, violence, and sexual content then horror movies made in Japan. So I do understand there are different types and contents of Horror films.
I am not opposing scary movies...in good taste.
So all of this to say I hate that Warner Brothers is out to disrespect Orphans and adoption by creating a really tasteless movie.
Please Boycott the movie ORPHAN! It's time to show HOLLYWOOD what sells!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment