When we get up in the morning (the boys and I), we head into the kitchen and start the breakfast routine. There is really not much of a routine but every morning I do ask Wesley first what he wants for breakfast. This may change as Liam gets older but for now while I am still feeding him, his first course, I try to have Wesley eating while I am feeding Liam. There is a system though and that system involves me, every morning, asking Wesley what he wants for breakfast and then letting him know that if he can't pick something by the time I have 'brother's' breakfast ready he will have to wait until Liam is done. So we were going through this 'routine' Monday morning and this is how it went:
Me: Wesley what do you want for breakfast?
Wes: silence
Me: If you don't tell me by the time I get brother's breakfast ready you will have to wait until he is done...
Wes: (Looking pensive) Mom?
Me: Yes sweetheart?
Wes: What are all the things Jesus made for us for breakfast?
Me: (fortunately my head was in the cabinet because I couldn't help but giggle a little, I really didn't know where to go with this. Do I talk about how Jesus made the people at Kellogg's who then made our cereal? Do I talk about how I am the one who makes his breakfast but Jesus lives inside me?) Well all I said was: In our house we have cereal and sausage.
Then the other day I had just gotten my hair chopped off (so low maintenance and I thought it might help me look a little older (I was wrong, I tell that story another time.) anyways I had just gotten my hair chopped off and walked in the front door and Wesley was standing on the stairs to greet me. He was holding his camera and our conversation went something like this:
Wesley: Daddy said when I am older and we go hunting he is going to hold the gun and I am going to take my camera and sit next to him and take pictures.
Me: (assuming they had talked about hunting) Your going to take pictures of dead animals?
Wesley (chin quivering): If you go hunting you make the animal die?
Me: (mortified that I am the one breaking the news to him especially when we don't even hunt ESPECIALLY ME..) Well yeah baby that's what happens when you shoot something that is why you need to be very careful when you have a gun (trying to pull in a little life lesson).
Wesley: (chin quivering and eyes blinking to hold back tears) Is that what Jesus wants GaGaGa to do?
GaGaGa..is Wesley and Liam's great grandpa Gordon. There was a lot of G's and from the time Wes was little bitty he has called him GaGaGa.
Me (now faced with a dilemma. If I say no then GaGaGa is a bad person who goes against Jesus...Definitely not the right choice, but if I say yes then Jesus wants us to kill things.So after thinking about it long and hard, about 3.5 seconds I said): Jesus put us in charge of the animals and part of that means we need to kill some of them for food and make sure there are not to many of them so that the animals have a enough food.
Well he seemed satisfied with it.
Then the other day Wesley got in trouble, he looked at me very defiantly and said:
I am running away(a concept he knows nothing about) and I am taking Jesus with me.
I walked into the bathroom while Wesley was taking a bath he had been practicing trying to put his head under. I asked him what he was doing He said:
Me and Jesus are diving.
Yesterday I was changing Liam's diaper and Wesley ran in so excited he said "Mommy I just prayed..." I said "wow Wesley that's great what did you pray?" Wesley " I prayed Jesus would help my brain not fall out."
5 comments:
How awesome!!! Deep thoughts on Jesus by a little boy....Just so precious and so cute. Glad you have good answers....sometimes I am not so quick. I get that deer in the headlights look. So cute.
This is priceless. Gotta love when you tell kids the truth, the truth that will come out of them :)
You can't help but love the innocence of a child.
Send pics of the new hair--want to see...
I just love that little man! He needs to come over for another playdate.
Ya, that's my grandson! Isn't he adorable?!!!
Post a Comment