So I don't know how many of you have seen the "lovie" blanket? Is it a blanket is it a bear??? It's a lovie!
I tell you all of this because after much sulking and struggling fri. and yesterday by last night I was beginning to feel focused and encouraged again. It is probably not a good sign that every time I hear something from AGCI I feel discouraged....I think it might be my inability to accept reality. Every time I talk to them I am brought back to how realistically long this is going to take. Well I am quite happy living here in my own world where things may go quicker than they think! I keep thinking of a children's song we used to sing in vacation bible school..."My God is so BIG, so STRONG and SO MIGHTY there is nothing my GOD CANNOT DO!!!!!! Hey I believed it 100% percent when I was a child and I need to remind the "adult"(I use that term loosely) me how true those words are!
What in the world does this have to do with a lovie? Well all of this had sunk in last night. I was feeling humbled by my 48 hours of weakness. I was right back on track with remembering who God is...Remember whose adoption this was in the first place...and today right before e-mailing you this very special message of encouragement when God sent me my lovie (I have to add he sent it in a moment when I LEAST desserved it, but most needed it! NOW that is Grace based parenting!!).
Sorry I forgot before I can tell you what I want to tell you I have to mention that our homestudy agent is in Ethiopia right now. My surprise is that she got to meet our son!!!!
Here is the lovie God sent me in the form of her words about our sweet boy....
"I met him.....he is beautiful. full of smiles, adored by his special mother. has a little cough right now, but still happy and smiling....i have two pics i'll send when i get home:)"
Thanks for your continued prayers...I am still praying and I still have peace that we will see him before Christmas. Yes this will be a miracle...but "there is nothing my GOD CANNOT DO!"
6 comments:
That's right Bethany God is bigger than all of us or anything we could do without His help. We didn't wait 8 months for referrals (which was a possibility)so although I know it could be 5 months to pick her up I am going to be wishing and praying for it to be quicker! I am glad you got such a treat to hear about your little guy and you will have a few current pictures to gaze at when she returns.
A
Very sweet. I am so happy you heard an update. I am desperately hanging on waiting for any information we can get about him. You are not the only one who is wishing and praying for Christmas!!
Autumn
Bethany,
Those little messages are so encouraging when they come. It's amazing the connection we have to these children we have never held in our arms. People tell me "he will be here eventually". They forget that he is my SON and it has been 6 months of looking at pictures and waiting. 6 months of his life alone in a crib somewhere. I never knew you could miss someone so much! I feel your pain...
Angela
www.journeyforjordan.blogspot.com
I hear that song so often -- my bio kids LOVE it!! Great reminder!
Your going to post lots of pictures of your shower right?!?
I tagged you!
Post a Comment