Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Waiting

It seems crazy I know to be typing a post now but I figure this is the most down time we are going to have for a little while.
Aaron and I are tired. He flew us to Saint Louis but then had to fly back to Kirksville and then drive back last night. He was up at 4:30 yesterday and then didn't get back to Saint Louis until 12:00 last night. Then I woke him at 5:30. Not a whole lot of sleep. I went to bed at 10:30 and woke up a lot. I had a lot of bad dreams. One time I dreamed that Aaron had fed Liam at 4:30 a.m. and we were going to have to reschedule the surgery. It was really hard to convince myself that he had not fed him and that both of them were asleep in the room.
Emotionally we are doing okay. The unknown of it all is a little rough. Hearing how they will need to tube him and that he will probably be positioned on his tummy (seems more pitiful to me). I was pretty skeptical when they gave us some pre anesthetic medicine they said would calm him and make him loopy. They said it would help them be able to take him back to surgery and he "wouldn't care." Yeah right. Obviously they have never met Liam. He didn't even want us to put the little gown on. They actually let us carry him until we got to the surgical ward. They were trying to buy more time...They said the meds would kick in after 10 minutes, they came for him after 40 min. and he was still going strong. Eventually we just handed him off and he wailed. That was hard!
In the middle of writing my post the surgeon came in...Yeah 25 min into his hour and five minute surgery. It was completely localized! They got in took it out and it looks like it was from an infection. The surgeon said he has seen this with vaccinations (Liam had a shot there). Sometimes if not given right they can localize and cause some medical word I don't know. They are sending it to Pathology but it looks like we have the green light!
Praise GOD!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Ohhh praise the Lord! Thankful he came through surgery well.

Murphy Momma said...

Praising God with you and expecting a good outcome for Liam!

Janice said...

yea!!!!!!!!! That is sooooooooooooooooooooooo wonderful! I'm so relieved and will continue to pray for the recovery (of all of you...)

Melissa said...

praying...

The Hull's at #4 said...

THANK YOU JESUS!!! GOOD NEWS! I'm sorry he didn't conk out very easily.

Aubrey said...

Sounds like great news! I'm so relieved for you!