Monday, May 24, 2010

Update on me, prayers for Liam

So I went to a new doctor on Wed. She confirmed 2 things for me. Confirmation #1 whatever is going on in my neck is not a "wait and see" type of issue. It needs to be figured out and is something I am justified to be concerned about. Confirmation #2 my last doctor was in fact a bonehead. She didn't exactly use the word bonehead but she confirmed that she has had altercations with him. Good enough for me. Next step for me? June 2nd I go to my 2nd day of class then head 2 hours to Columbia to see an ear nose and throat doctor who specializes in problems in the neck.
The day before surgery is here. My little boy? It is bitter sweet watching his naivety about the whole thing. I watch him laugh and run totally oblivious to the recovery ahead. This could be a pretty basic procedure. He goes in gets the mass cut out and they send it to biopsy. This sounds pretty simple but part of me is not so sure this is going to be so simple. I am not trying to be melodramatic, but I just have this thought that they are going to get in there and this thing is going to be a little more difficult to deal with then they thought. I was looking at one of those breast self exam cards...random I know but it just so happened to be in the doctor's office. It said on there if you feel a hard mass with dimpling in the skin to call your doctor immediately. Well Liam's little spot is a hard little mass with dimpling in the skin over it. Yuck. Well the good news is I can wait patiently on the Lord and know he is in control. He is the great physician. He loves my baby more than I ever can (which is hard to imagine). He is the one who gets to be in the operating room. He is the one who gets to hold him once again when I can't.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Prayers are with you both. May God give you peace comfort and strength.

Whitney said...

I'll definitely be praying. And I don't mean to be melodramatic, but if it IS something that needs to be taken care of, how thankful I am that Liam is in the States, with you, who can enable him to get the procedure he needs. I just moved back to the States after a year in a country with NO medical care ... I am having significant problems now, but have to remind myself, "How blessed I am that I'm in America and can GET treatment."

I'll be praying for you both!!!!!

Erin said...

Bethany I am so glad you found another opinion to look at your neck. We'll keep Liam in our prayers for a quick and easy surgery and that he'll bounce back in no time. Hugs.

Janice said...

I am praying for Liam today. And you and Aaron and Wesley.