We were thinking Liam could have Neurofibromatosis. We had a pediatrician tell us (when we first brought Liam home) that he had 5 of these spots and that if he had 6 we would need to worry about a very serious genetic mutation of Chromosome 17. I know so informative. Well this would explain his little tumor on his butt that we believe is attached to some sort of nerve and is the reason it causes him so much pain and discomfort. Well this morning we laid Liam down stark naked and counted the spots. I was going to use a washable marker to mark them 1.2.3. etc. but when we looked him over and counted we only got to 3. Plus only one of them was big enough to be the size of concern. We are breathing easier once again but we have been advised and think it is wise to go ahead and mention it to the surgeon just so they know.
Thanks for your prayers. I did sleep last night, pretty fitfully, but I was not gripped by just terrified fear. Imagine our surprise when we laid him down this morning and for the life of us we could not find more than 3 spots. So either the pediatrician was wrong or God performed yet another miracle in our lives and erased some spots;)
Thanks again for your prayers.
4 comments:
Praying right now. Shalom
Bethany-
I am praying for you and your fearful heart. I know that it is so difficult with all of the information out there not to jump to conclusions. I will pray for your peace of mind and a restful sleep. I am also praying for YOUR appointment tomorrow. I hope that you get some insight in to what is going on. You are a wonderful mother! Happy mothers day friend.
Oh Bethany, I pray you are sleeping peacefully right now. We'll keep Liam in our prayers while this all gets figured out.
Happy Mother's Day
Prayers are with you and your whole family...praying for your sweet Liam.
Post a Comment