Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Being a stay at home mom is a working mom...

I was pondering the joys of staying at home... Waking up every morning not to an alarm that I hit snooze but to a little person crawling in my bed to snuggle, or to tell me he has a huge booger(oh and there is no snooze button). Rolling sleepily out of bed and being asked 100 times (before my feet have even hit the floor) If I want to play...my response is usually, "hey bud let momma at least go to the bathroom." Within 15 seconds of using said toilet I hear the happy giggles of my second Boss beckoning me to come attend to his schedule(said as sheduuuelll). Usually after greeting my second Boss my nose is greeted not by morning coffee breath, as some may have to deal with, but the smell of a different project that took place in a more southern region of the body. As my second Boss is being "cleaned" my first Boss is bounding down the stairs wondering where his vitamins are, asking yet again if we can play, and demanding to see exactly what the second Boss has done in his pants, involving a thorough sight and smell analysis. After the two employers seem relatively hungry we head to our employee "cafeteria." It is here that I am not only boss 1 and boss 2's #1 assistant but I am now full time cafeteria lady. boss 1 has a very difficult time staying on task of food and drink consumption and has insisted (through lack of ability on his own) that I stay on him to eat and drink a full breakfast. Boss 2 is very independent in the food and drink area but is very demanding that it comes in a timely manner. Food is often served to Boss 2 while he is so frantic he shakes his whole chair. Once food is before him his mood often lightens and he gives me a "good work my faithful servant type smile." Okay you get the idea. I just laugh sometimes when people say "what do you do?" I say "oh I stay home with the boys" they say "oh it must be nice not working..." I usually laugh at them with one of those crazy laughs that sound a bit like a hyena. You know the laugh the one where you find yourself going mad. Anyway I get what they mean (I think). Yes it is a blessing I wouldn't trade for the world getting to be a stay home mom with and for the 3 men in my life. Today was one of those mornings where I dropped Wesley off at pre-school and I looked around at the other 9 "stay at home" mom's dropping their kids off and I had to laugh.. What time do these women get up? Seriously? I was even up at 6:20 this morning which is a lot earlier then normal for me, I got in a shower before the boys were up, Yet I still dropped Wes off looking like I had just rolled out of bed. My hair half wet half dry, sweat pants and t-shirt, no make up. You know the women I am talking about and I know you are out there in blog land I have seen you in pictures. How do you do it. How do you look so put together and get places on time? You are my hero... I admire you from afar...well someday...or maybe just one day...one day in the future I will look put together...No one will admire me from afar...because everyone will be asking me what the special occasion is that I am so dressed up...You know pants, a shirt (that only has a little spit up or slobber on the sleeve), shoes not flip flops and yes completely dry hair. I won't blame them for asking...

3 comments:

Erin said...

Haha! So true, staying home is definately a more than full time job! I have to cheat to get everybody ready in the morning(and get myself out the door in a suit by 7:45). I shower at night, no stinking way I could get ready in the morning AND shower :) Those moms are amazing!

Janice said...

I giggled at this since I was trying to read it while nursing, answering 7000 questions from D, mentally planning a menu for the week, trying to keep my coffee cup away from 6 month old hands AND wondering if I'd even be able to enjoy the coffee over the poop stink.

Janice said...

Oh, and your lack of um, 'togetherness' is one of my very favorite qualities in you! If you EVER show up at my house before 11:00 with dry hair and a child-yucked free outfit, it may end our friendship.